- 246 Aberdeen, Québec, Québec,
Canada, G1R 2E1
- tel: +1-418-656-9254
- Founded in 1996 by Marc Blanchet.
- 1996-2002: (web
site for this period)
- Consulting in IP networks field. Provided expertise
network security, DNS infrastructure, routing, IPv6,
internationalization, technical and market due diligence to Venture
- Worldwide customers in Government, Financial,
Technology, Manufacturing, Education, Research, Defence and Service
Providers markets, such as: Various
organisations within Québec Government, CGI, DMR,
Cisco, Ericsson, CIRA, Canarie,
iDNS, .NU Domain, Microcell, CHUQ, Labcal,
Telus (was Quebectel), Desjardins(Assurance-Vie
Desjardins-Laurentienne, SPGDAG), Xystos, Nurun (was Intellia), Star-alliance, Victor Innovatex, Télé-Université,
Canadian Department of
National Defence, Transcontinental,
CRIM, RIQ, La Capitale, many VCs,
- Involved in Internet Protocol Engineering through
the IETF. Many employees contributed by writing IETF drafts and RFCs,
by co-chairing the Internationalized
Domain Names (idn) working group and by participating in various
- Co-founded IPv6Forum,
member of the board and technical directorate. Member of the steering
committee of the North American IPv6
- Many R&D projects in IPv6 (6tap, freenet6,
Route Policy Specification Language-Next Generation(RPSLng), NTP-IPv6 port, Quake1-2-3-IPv6 port, ...), Wavelength
Disk Drive(WDD), Optical BGP(OBGP,
preliminary work that became User-Controlled
LightPath(UCLP)) QoS, IP Engineering, Internationalization, Normos,
etc. Many were partly funded by Canarie.
- Authored and delivered courses and tutorials on
such as TCP/IP, IPv6, IP network security, PKI, MobileIP, DNS at
conferences, such as Interop, Inet, IPv6Forum, on hire for
organisations or for training companies. Authored the first two
versions of the Cisco IPv6 course.
- Many articles and
publications and books, such as "TCP/IP
Simplifié" and "Migrating to IPv6", or were technical editors of
books such as "IP addressing and subnetting including IPv6" and
"Managing Cisco IP security".
- Highly skilled and expert team in IP network
- Spin-off IPv6 Migration R&D work from
Viagénie to Hexago.
Viagénie team members moved to Hexago.
- Raised 10.5 Million $ of venture capital financing.
- Worldwide customers such as KDDI, NTT,
Panasonic, France Telecom, Teleglobe, AT&T, Boeing, US DoD Spawar, US DoD DISA, US DoD Army
CERDEC, AARnet, Renater, Surfnet and partners such as NEC, Draytek.
- Marc Blanchet resumed consulting and R&D activities
in Advanced IP Networking within Viagénie and restarted building a team of experts.